What is AMFPHP?
Amfphp is an RPC toolkit for PHP. It allows seamless communication between PHP and:
- Flash and Flex with Remoting
- XML clients with XML-RPC
What is RPC?
RPC (Remote Procedure Call) is a way to communicate data between a client and a server. You call a method on a local object with various parameters, set a callback, and receive a result. You don't have to worry about how you're going to send and receive the data. The implementation details are abstracted away so that it looks as though you're calling a local method.
- requires >= Seagull 0.6.2
- Download - http://www.amfphp.org/
- Decompress and put amf-core in <install-root>/lib
To create a service, put the class in <module>/classes/amfservices/<service>.php
For example, if you want to call a service Example in default module, put the file Example.php in default/classes/classes/amfservices/Example.php then in flash use the gateway url as:
- Create a ServiceBrowser module.
- This installation has only been tested with Flash and Flex Remoting