Preparing PEAR Packages
One of the formats Seagull is currently available in is as a PEAR package. For more info on how to install PEAR packages see Installation/UsingThePearPackageManager.
To create PEAR package for your Seagull modules follow these basics:
- get more info on the PEAR package format http://pear.php.net/manual/en/developers.packagedef.php
- check out the package builder script trunk/etc/generatePearPackageXml.php
- create your own release notes for $notes
- modify the script's listing of all the dependencies on PEAR libs you may have added/removed
- it's easiest to work with an exported version of Seagull, ie, no svn folders
- specify the path to the directory where your module can be found, in $packagedir
- modify the location and roles of any files you may have changed
- call the generate script from a web browser with a 'make' parameter, ie, http://localhost/myProject/etc/generatePearPackageXml.php?make (or you can call from CLI)
- this will create a package2.xml file in the root of your module folder
- at the commandline, in the module's root folder, with the PEAR binary in your path, type
$ pear package package2.xml
That's all there is too it. The resulting .tgz archive can be uploaded to any correctly configured PEAR channel server.