- requires >= Seagull 0.6.5
The comment2 module demonstrates an easy to to add commenting to any of your existing modules.
It offers several improvements over the existing module, namely
- it's Ajax driven using jquery so no messy redirects are needed
- Ajax submits and lists are very fast, making commenting more interactive
This module is provided to demonstrate how easy it is to use jquery with Seagull. When the module is installed, you'll get a navigation element "comments" which invokes the example manager supplied with the module.
The best way to follow the full Ajax workflow is, using the Zend debugger:
- load the comments screen in Firefox
- using the zend debug tool bar, select "next page"
- write a new comment and hit submit
The Ajax usage anticipates SGL_AjaxProvider2 that will be part of Seagull 0.9.x, the main features are:
- $input and $output objects are available to every action method
- there are improved hooks for cleaning up JSON sent back to the browser
- a raiseMsg() method has been added to SGL_AjaxProvider, making it much easier to send error/warning/info message back to the user